Languages, Literatures, and LInguistics
La Casita Cultural Center
Director of Programming at La Casita Cultural Center
Research and Teaching Interests Courses SPA 301 Approaches to Reading Texts
SPA 302 Advanced Language Usage
SPA 321 Introduction to Spanish Literature
SPA 322 Introduction to Latin American Literature
SPA 470 20th Century Latin American Fiction
SPA 400 Textual Legacies/ Creative Writing in Spanish
LIT/WGS/LLAS 300 Gender and Identity in Latina Women’s Writing
SPA 600 Autobiography and Memoir in Latin American Women’s Writing
Magna cum Laude)
• M.A., Latin American and Spanish Literature, Temple University (1997)
• B.A., English and Comparative Literature, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (1993, with
• La Casita Cultural Center Project Coordinator, Syracuse University, 2008-present.
• Latino/Latin American Studies Program Faculty Associate, 2005- present.
• Visiting Assistant Professor of Spanish, Department of Hispanic Studies, Oberlin College, 2006.
• Research Fellow, Real Colegio Complutense, (Teaching Fellow, Department of Romance
Languages Harvard University, 2006.
• Visiting Assistant Professor of Spanish, Department of Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics,
Syracuse University, 2005.
• Syracuse University Madrid Center faculty 2002-2004.
• Adjunct Professor, University of Southern California in Spain, 2004.
• Visiting Faculty in Spanish, Department of Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics, Syracuse
• Lecturer, St. Josheph’s University, 1996-7.
• Lecturer, Villanova University, 1996-7.